Casino Software Providers: A Key Part of the Gambling Sector
In order for an online casino to be able to compete effectively against its more established counterparts and newcomers emerging on the online gambling scene, it must meet certain criteria.
These include a user-friendly website that is easy for both prospective and returning clients to navigate, effective security, and a license from a reputable establishment such as the United Kingdom Gambling Commission, for example.
But perhaps the most important of these factors is a collection of high-quality games which will keep its clients sufficiently entertained and coming back for more.
That means providing games that are not only entertaining, but have also been checked for fairness to ensure the client has a chance of winning. In order to do so, gambling operators rely on developers also referred to as casino software providers.
Casino Software Providers: An Introduction
Casino software providers are responsible for providing games to virtual wagering establishments. The very best of them have built a reputation based on their ability to supply titles known for their realistic graphics, multi-platform compatibility, fairness and innovative features.
Quite frequently, developers in this category are relied upon by top tier gambling websites to ensure they are able to provide their clients with the very best possible gaming experience.
In addition to developers which may be considered leaders in the gambling sector, there are also providers which are less established but which are also steadily building a reputation around their very own innovative offerings.
Although several online gambling establishments often rely on a single provider, others may opt to use the services of several of them.
Popular Casino Software Providers
As noted above, developers in this category are generally considered to be the very best in terms of game quality and innovation. As a result, the presence of their logos on gambling websites is often an indicator of their status as a top tier wagering establishment.
Developers in this category include:
- Microgaming: This casino software provider is credited with creating the very first virtual wagering game in 1994 and the first mobile betting game in 2004. The developer boasts an extensive collection of more than 500 games and provides a wide variety including bingo, poker, live dealer and sports betting. It is also worth noting that Microgaming is actually licensed by the UK Gambling Commission and is also a member of ECOGRA. Some of the most popular titles released by the outfit include: Avalon, Dragonz, Jurassic World™ and Game of Thrones™.
- NetEnt: Also licensed by the UK Gambling Commission and member of eCOGRA, NetEnt was actually launched in 1996. The casino software provider behind the highly popular slot, Starburst, also provides offerings across a wide range of games categories. These include live gaming, table games and video slots. In total, it possesses 200 games which include popular titles such as Gold Money Frog and The Creature From the Black Lagoon.
- Playtech: Another provider which is also considered a pioneer in the online gambling sector, Playtech was founded in 1999, in Estonia. Similar to heavyweights, Microgaming and NetEnt, this casino software developer which has played a key role in Omni-channel gambling, also caters to establishments and fans across a wide range of games categories. These include bingo, live gaming, poker, virtual casino games and sports betting. Playtech's games catalogue is rather impressive and contains over 600 titles enabling it to outstrip several competitors in terms of the sheer volume of its offerings.
Emerging Casino Software Providers
Casino software providers in this category happen to be those which in spite of being less influential than those mentioned above, are also forging a reputation for innovation and excellent quality as well.
Examples of developers in this category include:
- Concept Gaming: Launched in 2010, the UK based outfit boasts a collection of over 50 games and considers itself a highly suitable candidate for providing operators with just what they need. Concept Gaming also caters to a significant number of wagering establishments including Betsson, Leo Vegas and Mr Green. The developer also specializes in providing bespoke games in order to enable betting websites to provide unique offerings to their client base and stand out among the competition.
- Red Tiger: Founded in 2014 with a focus on games that cater to the Asian and European markets, Red Tiger prides itself on its dedication to providing an improved gambling experience to the end user. The developer is actually licensed by four highly reputable regulatory bodies: The UK Gambling Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority, the Alderney Gambling Control Commission and HM Government of Gibraltar. The proof of its growing influence can be seen in the plethora of awards it has won including Casino Supplier of the Year and Mobile Gaming Software Supplier (both in 2019), as well as its partnerships with some of the most reputable names in online gaming such as William Hill, Paddy Power and Poker Stars.